Polymarm Technical Data Sheet
Polymarm affordable bathroom surrounds are extruded composite sheets with the following properties:
• Designed for indoor applications only, avoid direct sunlight or high temperature exposures.
• Water and moisture proof but not designed for continued immersion.
• Fire resistant yet lightweight
• Resistant to acid and alkaline corrosion as well as mold, mildew, bacteria, and odors
• Is non-porous so requires no sealers and will not rust, stain, or crack under normal conditions.
• Clean with soft cloth or sponge using mild, non-abrasive cleaners.
• Limited 24-month warranty against manufacturing defects. Warranty covers replacement or refund of the original sales price but does not cover labor charges.
• Available in four different size kits, in six different patented designs.
• Whole panel size is 4’ X 8’, 60 sheets per pallet, 12 pallets per truck load.
• Panel weight is 2 lbs/ft2.
• Panel thickness is 4.8 mm.
Polymarm panels are lightweight, easy to carry, cut and fabricate. Cutting can be done with a skill saw, angle grinder, jigsaw, etc. To fabricate you can use a dremel tool, miter, etc. We suggest using Loctite PowerGrab Ultimate, Boss 125 Multi-Seal, Dap AMP or 3M 551 adhesive to adhere panels to the walls but compatibility to the other substrate might need testing. We suggest applying the adhesive to the panel, apply circle blobs of caulking about 6”-8” apart throughout the sheet. We also suggest applying about a 1⁄4” thick continuous silicone bead inside the trim groove to ensure a good seal and prevent moisture or debris from getting behind the panel. Please watch our installation video on our website,
When using Polymarm for bathtub or shower enclosures, we suggest the backing substrate be moisture resistant (green board, cement board, etc.) and if going over existing materials that are not porous (tile, cultured marble, etc.) a light sanding is suggested and wipe down with a rapidly flashing cleaner that leaves no residue (acetone, isopropyl alcohol). When adhering panels for bathtub or shower enclosures we suggest you use the available trim that compliments the color of your Polymarm panel and apply a continuous bead of silicone inside the trim’s groove the whole length of the trim. If our trim is not going to be used, we suggest using a waterproof membrane strip behind the corners and behind any seam. After installing, apply a continuous bead of silicone to edges, corners, and seams, then spray some soapy water and wipe away excess.
Please allow 48 hours to allow the adhesive to cure.
Have A Question?
Fill out this form and a member of your team will contact you as soon as possible.